Dear MTI Members,
I am excited to have been elected to serve as President of the Metal Treating Institute for the next year. It is truly an honor. My company, Solar Atmospheres, is a family-owned, commercial heat treating company, and we have been an MTI member since 1983. I have served on the Board of Trustees since 2012, and in that time I have seen first-hand how MTI has had a positive impact on my company.
In 2019, MTI will be focused on providing you with high-level resources in the core areas of your business:
- Having a strong voice in the Specification Review and Design Process with Nadcap, AMEC, CQI-9, and ASTM
- Increasing employee effectiveness through quality technical training
- High quality leadership training with the MTI YES Management Program
- Increasing profits and productivity through our 2019 Business Intelligence Data Program
- Quarterly Sales Forecasting for the next 1, 2, and 3 years
- Providing sales forecasts for the key industrial sectors that heat treaters service
- Helping you control your costs through cost metric benchmarking
- Supporting your teams in the areas of quality, technical support, and safety
These are just a few of the key ways MTI is making us stronger together.
2019 will be a breakout year for members as we enter the next decade in 2020. With change happening at record pace, MTI meetings offer top-level speakers and connection to owners and general managers that ensure you stay in front of the change happening around your company.
I invite you to attend MTI’s 2019 Spring Meeting, which will take place April 25-27 at the Diplomat Beach Resort in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. We will have members from 20+ states, Canada, and Mexico. I guarantee you won’t be disappointed. CLICK HERE for full details.
Once again, thank you for the opportunity to serve this great industry, and remember… You’re not just strong…You are MTI STRONG!
Jamie Jones – 2019 MTI President
Solar Atmospheres, Inc.