Metal Treating Institute
Events Code of Conduct
Adopted by MTI Board of Trustees January 2023
MTI is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all event participants and staff. All participants including but not limited to attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, staff, and service providers, are expected to abide by the MTI Events Code of Conduct. The code applies to all MTI Events, including virtual Events, and those sponsored by organizations other than MTI but held in conjunction with MTI events, either in public or private facilities.
EXPECTED BEHAVIOR AT MTI EVENTS
- Treat others with respect, inclusivity, and consideration, recognizing that this event is a place for diversity of thought, organization, and individuals.
- Communicate openly with respect for others, avoiding personal attacks.
- Wear your event badge at all times during MTI events.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and others. Alert event staff if you notice any discriminatory, harassing, aggressive, or exclusionary behavior or speech as soon as possible.
- Respect the rules and policies of the event venue, hotel, MTI contracted facility, or any other associated venue or site.
UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR AT MTI EVENTS
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form is not tolerated.
- Unwanted physical contact, physical or verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, staff, service provider, or other event guest will not be tolerated. Inappropriate solicitation of products and services outside the heat treating field is prohibited.
- Examples of unacceptable behavior include but are not limited to: verbal comments related to gender, gender identity, sexual innuendos, sexual orientation, sexual harassment, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, and national origin; inappropriate use of sexual images in public spaces or in presentations; and, threatening or stalking any type of event guest.
- Disruption of sessions at any events organized by MTI at the event venue, hotel, MTI contracted facility, or other associated venue or site, is not allowed.
CONSEQUENCES OF UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR
Anyone requested to stop unacceptable behavior by anyone including attendees, show staff, or hotel staff is expected to comply immediately. MTI will not tolerate such behavior and reserves the right to take any action it deems necessary and appropriate, in its sole discretion, including expulsion from the event without warning or refund, exclusion from future events, and suspension/termination of membership, if a member of the Metal Treating Institute.
REPORTING UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR
If you are the subject of unacceptable behavior or have witnessed any such behavior, please contact any member of the MTI staff. On-site team members wear badges with MTI Team ribbons that say STAFF on them, or you may also contact email@example.com, if you are on-site or attending virtually.
Please note MTI reserves the right to modify or revise this policy at any time with or without notice. In the event of an emergency, please contact local authorities immediately.