Over the past year, the Metal Treating Institute has seen an increase in demand by engineers for its heat treat training courses on the MTI Online Academy for Heat Treaters. This training fills a huge gap for engineers who never had any formal heat treating training. With the demand for practical heat treating, as well as continuing education needs by engineers of manufacturers, the Education Committee of the Metal Treating Institute has approved a new heat treat training certificate program for engineers called the Heat Treating Technical Specialist Certificate or the HTTS.
This special packaged program includes 17 hours of training over 10 modules in the following topic areas:
- ABC’s of Heat Treating – Metallurgical Theory
- ABC’s of Heat Treating – Equipment
- ABC’s of Heat Treating – Materials
- ABC’s of Heat Treating – Processes
- ABC’s of Heat Treating – Inspection & Quality
- Furnace Maintenance
- Furnace Atmospheres Heat Treat Troubleshooting
- Hardness Testing
- Heat Treat Evaluation
- Heat Treat Troubleshooting
The MTI Online Academy for Heat Treaters is the industry’s top technical training site being used by top manufacturers including: Boeing, Chrysler, FedEx, and Eaton Corporation, as well as many of the top commercial heat treaters across the world. CLICK HERE to visit the MTI Online Academy for Heat Treaters.